Congrats and welcome. I'm glad to see a long-time Medium creator take the reins. My observations -
1) Medium has made changes that hurt or disappoint writers without any warning. Examples: the different image sizes hurt photographers, taking away the editor in the mobile app hurt a number of writers, some of whom commented on this article.
2) I don't entirely trust the algorithm that measures reading time and therefore determines what Medium pays me. I've had where I got 0 reads, but 2 strangers wrote comments on the article. I can't believe that they were moved enough to comment, but didn't register as a 'Read'.
3) The demise of popular publications - P.S. I Love You is the one that jumps to mind - is disappointing.
4) I question the zero payment for external views. Medium came up with the idea of paying writers if people joined through their link, but is that really the person who deserves the $. If the person joining reads 3 articles by 3 people and then joins through the link of the 4th - isn't it due, in part to the quality of the first 3 writers' articles?
5) I agree there are too many articles about making money. I try to resist the urge to click on them (because it just leads to more), but I'd also like to have fewer of them in my feed.
6) The $500 monthly bonuses that then disappeared were demoralizing for those of us that didn't get them, but thought maybe we could aspire to get them next month and then..... er, maybe not.
Thanks for asking for input. Would be great if you got feedback from a Writers Advisory Board that had a cross-section of writers, some new, others long-time Medium folks.