Hi Lincoln, Well I'm flattered to have my previous comment on the earlier article highlighted, but I'm still not sure I grasp all your points. I'll state what I think I heard and you tell me if I'm correct.
1) Medium made a change in late 2020 that prevented Medium content being shown in iFrames which reduced the number of eyeballs on Medium content. Fewer eyeballs means less $ for writers.
2) As the owner/creator of ManyStories, you found a work-around in late 2020 (a countermove) to continue to allow ManyStories to embed Medium content.
3) At some point lawyers were paid by Medium to try and force ManyStories to stop embedding content?
4) Then in July 2021, Medium changed something in their code which means even ManyStories can't embed the Medium content properly. The footer shows too soon?
5) You feel writers should be careful to have content on other platforms, since those can be shared more across the internet.
6) You'd like Medium to return to allowing their content to be embedded.
7) You don't think the Medium app works very well and believe Medium should put more focus on improving it. Question - what percent of Medium traffic comes from that versus being browser-based?
Is that the gist? So were you vague before because you didn't want to highlight that ManyStories had a workaround? but you got more specific now because you don't?
Let me know how I scored on reading comprehension. You threw a lot out there.